Welcome to The Wi-Fi and Home Automation Revolution
Welcome to the “WI-FI HQ” website. The purpose of our website is to bring you genuine and unbiased reviews on the best home automation technology and appliances available in the UK today.
We love to research and investigate the newest and the most reliable appliances for home and leisure and will try to keep you up to date with what’s available and what works.
We have detailed below many of the most common appliance types you can use to automate your home. We have then created a separate page for each type or catagory of appliance.
You will find below a link to each catagory page where we display a comparison table of the top five (or more) items in each catagory and list them according to best overall rating. So let’s begin.
Energy and Lighting
Smart Energy is where it’s all at today, so how do we stay smart? By using products that allow us to automate tasks around the home while reducing energy consumption at the same time.
From single products like programmable thermostats to more systemised temperature or lighting solutions which can be remotely operated, we now all have the opportunity to save both money and energy.
- Programmable thermostats allow you to customise the settings for your home heating. Used properly they will improve energy effeciency and help save money.
- Remote activation through your smartphone or tablet app.
- Easily programmed for best energy saving.
Wi-Fi Light Bulbs
- Wi-Fi light bulbs are the latest innovation in lighting.
- They can change colour and hence the mood of your room while offering a similar LED light with more efficiency, longer life and remote setting.
- Allows for remote switch on with easy to use apps or can be programmed to come on at certain times.
- Improved energy efficiency.
- Power monitors do exactly what they say – they provide the information for you to monitor your exact energy usage. This lets you make choices as to where and how to save and not waste energy.
- They can cope with multiple energy tarrifs.
- Choose to display as electrical units or currency used to clearly understand and assess your energy usage.
Read our Energy and Lighting Guide here
It is surely the dream of every busy housewife or indeed any busy individual to have someone take care of the day’s mundane tasks like vacuuming, cleaning ar cutting the grass (if your lucky enough to have a lawn). Voila! The remote appliance for todays home automation junkie.
Now you can settle back with your espresso and have a few minutes to yourself while (pet’s name of your choice) gets on with the chores.
Not too long ago this was fantasy but it’s now a very definite reality. Such appliances often receive top reviews from buyers.
- These units can be used on both hard floor and short pile carpets but would struggle with long pile.
- Inbuilt navigation sensors allow the robot to manouvre it’s way around the room
- Dust must be emptied manually.
- Robotic cleaners are a slightly different animal.
- In addition to the robotic vacuums mentioned above devices are becoming available to address other cleaning options like mopping or polishing the floor and even cleaning the guttering (rain water spouting).
- We will highlight new appliances as they are developed.
- Robotic lawnmowers will cut your lawn without any human help whatever (once the grass is in a reasonable condition).
- Most good automatic mowers are able to cut almost any lawn that an ordinary electric lawnmower would.
- As we are into home automation here we should point out that most of these mowers can be fully programmed and operated remotely.
- Some will automatically recharge themselves while others will sense when the grass is wet and decide to have another coffee.
Read our Remote Appliances Guide here
Monitoring and Security
Security and Cameras
Sensors and Alarms
Read our Monitoring and Security Guide here
Read our Entertainment Guide here
Read our Lifestyle Guide here
Read our Hobbies Guide here